This year though, the tax issue seems to be somewhat popular considering the government has week after week spent gazillions of our money that we don't have. It was hailed that the previous administration spent our money like a drunken sailor but during the very newly formed administration it doesn't compare. It is mind boggling, it's like a whole ship of drunken sailors!!!
Remember the infamous "Joe The Plumber" who became famous because of his question in the last election? He asked then presidential candidate Obama, “I’m getting ready to buy a company that makes $250,000 to $280,000 a year. Your new tax plan is going to tax me more isn’t it?” Mr. Obama's reply which fostered much attention said, “I think that when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.”
Joe The Plumber has been called the "conservatives hero" because of being representative of the average Joe, the American worker, the hard worker, the person whose work keeps this country financially afloat. Working Americans identified with his persona. Joe has now ventured aboard with the FairTax issue. The FairTax is a bill in Congress that does away with the IRS and
- Enables workers to keep their entire paychecks
- Enables retirees to keep their entire pensions
- Refunds in advance the tax on purchases of basic necessities
- Allows American products to compete fairly
- Brings transparency and accountability to tax policy
- Ensures Social Security and Medicare funding
- Closes all loopholes and brings fairness to taxation
- Abolishes the IRS
- A progressive national retail sales tax.
- A prebate to ensure no American pays federal taxes on spending up to the poverty level.
- Dollar-for-dollar federal revenue neutrality.
- Repeal of the 16th Amendment through companion legislation.
The FairTax is not an additional tax. It is a replacement for our current system and the very best one that I can see. It is transparent at the retail level. In other words, when I purchase a new good or service, the tax on the item will be on my receipt. If our representatives decide to raise my tax, I will see it on my receipt. Awesome!! I'll vote the bums out if that happens, plus I learned that my family will receive money each month up to the poverty level to pay the taxes on the necessities of life. I cannot believe that our nation hasn't gotten all over this one. This plan is fair and equally distributes the burden on taxes fairly across ALL economic and social strata.
Do your own reading on the website and listen to what the average Joes' have to say about it in the two videos.